Beta invites starting!
Looks like I got into the beta starting this afternoon. Based on my experience in the MoP beta, I may focus more on testing the *ugh* Alliance side so as to not overexpose myself to the content that I really want to play.

They're targeting wow vets with these first invite waves, so a lot of us oldsters should see an email soon!
Nganga Nyeusi
He is fast and is the danger.
What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?
Got my invite this morning!
How do I request an invite??
Shantow the Bear
The Ironsong Tribe

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." King
(06-27-2014, 12:13 PM)Krell Wrote: How do I request an invite??
If you have not yet "opted in" to the beta pool, go to your battlenet account web page. On the right side there is a "beta profile settings" listing. Click that, and make sure you have Warcraft checked.

This is the very first wave, so it'll be pretty small. They will be sending out more invites very quickly as they ramp up the stress testing. Wink

You can check to see if you got an invite in 3 ways: you'll get an email, but that can come later. If you are using the battlenet launcher thing, check the dropdown for region/account right above the big blue Play button. There should be a WoD alpha listing. Or if you are on your battlenet web page, check your game accounts for the WoD PTR being active for you.
Nganga Nyeusi
Thanks Nganga...things for me to check tonight!
Shantow the Bear
The Ironsong Tribe

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." King
Also, if you do get in and decide to copy one of your current characters over, it helps to transfer all the gold you have on alts over to that character. Anything spent on the beta is meaningless; you won't lose anything. It's just nice to have money available. You can safely empty out your bags once you transfer to the beta server, as nothing there will remain with you, and might even get wiped several times over the course of the testing.
Nganga Nyeusi
Let me know if anyone is interested in a lore-spoiler-free thread discussing new stuff/bags/toy box/whatnot, or if you have specific questions you'd like checked out. Smile

Also, I am currently spending most of my time on Rawwr, Worgen Druid. When he hits level cap I'll probably move to Neroon, Draenei Shaman, or Delenn, Draenei Monk. Say howdy or friend me if you want to chat between Velen crashing the server. Smile
Nganga Nyeusi
Screenies at Rongo's Imgur. Alliance side only at the moment, plus some of my time wandering around Ashran.
Nganga Nyeusi
(06-30-2014, 12:21 PM)Nganga Wrote: Screenies at Rongo's Imgur. Alliance side only at the moment, plus some of my time wandering around Ashran.

I need a way to 'like' these pictures, mainly for the "Ha-Cha-Cha!" pic fo Kargath Bladefist.
(07-12-2014, 07:10 AM)Skrap Wrote:
(06-30-2014, 12:21 PM)Nganga Wrote: Screenies at Rongo's Imgur. Alliance side only at the moment, plus some of my time wandering around Ashran.

I need a way to 'like' these pictures, mainly for the "Ha-Cha-Cha!" pic fo Kargath Bladefist.

Heh! That cracked me up too. Big Grin

And for our Troll friends, yay! Xan'tish got his snakes back, mon. Also, very nicely located bank and auction house in Valley of Spirits if you don't want to deal with those nasty Orcs.
Nganga Nyeusi
I gots my Beta invite! The best thing about the new models is that pictures alone don't do them justice. The way they move now with their running and facial animations, the new "combat" and death noises and such. It's a lot of little things I picked up on that are making the game better.

Quest NPC's are now outlined in a light/golden color that is easy to recognize from a distance. Friendly NPC's are outlined in green when you hover your cursor over them and enemies are red. The zone music is astounding and wonderful to listen to. The Garrisons are fun and provide a lot of fun/helpful perks so far. Now you can finally gather mats for professions one character doesn't have.

I played most of my testing Alliance-side because, as Nganga stated, I also don't want to ruin the Horde story much. I did open the Horde Garrison and it looks great. Really haven't progressed much beyond that.
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
Yay, Meli! Say Hi to Rawwr or Neroon if you see me around. Horde side I am Shalalaboom, but I'm mostly done with her right now, just playing with the Garrison a bit.

I got my Horde Garrison to Level 2, and it looks really nice, but I am guessing they are still working on the upgraded buildings for Horde, since it's not as huge a difference as the Alliance Level 2. Garrisons look to be very interesting. This newest build already changed several of the perks, and I can say that it's going to be hard to choose which buildings I want on which character. Perks are mostly outdoor-Draenor-zone-wide stuff like automatic safe fall and waterbreathing on your character for one building, or +20% mounted speed for another.

The crafting buildings are starting to be implemented, but they're still not fully operational. It looks like they will be a decent way to gather some mats if you have a particular profession, and if you are not, say, a leatherworker, you can still get some things made by the NPC in the Tannery if you give them mats.

Followers and garrison missions are a fun little minigame. It'll be interesting to see how that develops.
Nganga Nyeusi