Arthas, Cataclysm, etc... - timeline question
No spoilers!

We all know that we are attacking the Lich King (Arthas) in some way in ICC.

While the timeline for the events of the expansion is kind of obvious (release day), - When is the Ironsong timeline going to have the changes to the Lich King and/or his power base (if any) happen?

In other words, when can we roleplay the changes (if any) to the scourge and Arthas? It seems to be a focal point of huge numbers of characters, races, classes, and such and is a huge focal-point for RP, but even if we defeat the ICC raid encounter in guild, that is only 10 or 25 of us in that initial encounter...

I really, really want to avoid any spoilers (**really**), but I also really, really want to react to the events in ICC before the events of Cataclysm overwhelm that RP potential.

All our Death Knights, Blood Elves, Forsaken, and many more have based focus points of their entire character personality on this event, hence why I am asking.

Thoughts?
I assume we can start RPing about Cataclysm as soon as Blizzard starts installing all the new content.

Like right before LK came out, they had the plague sprayers in the different areas of Azeroth and we RP'd about those I think. I'm sure they will put in some things before Cataclysm actually comes out that will change the RP.

As for Arthas' death, it'll just have to be assumed once Cataclysm is officially out. Whether we get to fight him as a guild before then or not.
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
I imagine we will handle this in a similar fashion to how we handled the Wrathgate event. Exactly how it will look will need to be decided upon, but I imagine there will be a RP day set which will allow as many of the Tribe that is possible to experience the events firsthand, and then the Tribe will gather to RP out our experiences. I thought this worked very well during the Wrathgate episode, and perhaps we can adopt it here as well.

Special Note: It is imperative that those who complete certain stages before others remain quiet about them. We want no spoilers for Tribemates who are specifically avoiding any talk or information about the events.
Shantow the Bear
The Ironsong Tribe

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." King
A day set aside would be nice. The wrathgate method seems to be a grand idea, though we might need to adjust it based on if/when folks can experience the final fight for themselves. (I am still unclear as to what my toon knowns about Yogg-Saron, since I never got to finish that fight in Ulduar...*grumble*)

If possible, I would like to be able to make the character reactions and changes clear before the world explodes (or whatever) in Cataclysm. While the RP for the expansion will be universally accessable in each stage and therefore incredbily easy to time for RP purposes, it gets tricky for Arthas.

Thanks again!
Open Beta opt in will likely start in a monthish with cata released this summer at the earliest.

That's the safest time frame imo, so April-May would probably a reasonable time to allow open RP of the ICC events.
Thanuist Wrote:Open Beta opt in will likely start in a monthish with cata released this summer at the earliest.

That's the safest time frame imo, so April-May would probably a reasonable time to allow open RP of the ICC events.

I doubt it will be THAT soon. I think Blizzard still may have plans for the LK expansion before throwing Cata on us. In BC, they released Illidan in BT and months after that released Sunwell, so I think we've got more coming.

I'm betting my gold that Gun'drak will be the last raid patch before Cata comes out.
[Image: AWOeJWn.png]
Sunwell was actually never supposed to happen. They had to add something in because people had illidan on farm too quickly. They made sure this didn't happen with LK by only releasing pieces of icc and upping the costs of tier gear. Plus with the Blizz/Activision merger they are pushing releases of things faster for more $$$ in addition to blizz saying fall of the LK is the last content patch before the cataclysm.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=19378301456&sid=1&pageNo=1">http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 1&pageNo=1</a><!-- m -->

^ my current favorite thread on the matter.
I think we're gonna have to stage a pre-Cataclysm event... a Kittyclysm, where all the druids take over the world!
As long as it doesn't create a scheduling conflict with my planned Noodleclysm.
[Image: IST_Noodle2_sm.jpg]
My understanding is that as the tribe accomplishes things (aka downing a boss old or new) it is integrated into the tribal history.

As I understand it, Ironsong "officially" never killed Illidan, or whats-his-face in the Sunwell. If, as a tribe we do accomplish those goals, I am under the impression that its added into our history at the appropriate time in our timeline.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, I don't think there is anything official. (And sorry if its a bit off topic)
I kind of get the impression from the Cataclysm site that it is basically, the deed is done and everyone returns from the north just in time to watch everything they were fighting to save explode. So I would probably go with 5 seconds after you launch the expansion.

**Edited out the potentially offending material. I'll just keep my trap shut about things.**
Interesting....in a thread about being careful about spoilers, someone is talking about Ragnaros? Might this be considered a spoiler? Here's hoping its just wild speculation.
Shantow the Bear
The Ironsong Tribe

I think we all agree that the Cataclysm timeline is easy.

If I could aim us back to the main topic: Do we have a consensus on when the Arthas timeline gets opened to tribal RP? Again, I see that IST tends to make it when the tribe has "done the actions", but this will doubtlessly not be done by everyone in the tribe and seems focal to tribe story RP.

Thanks!

- Phoro.
If you are looking for a specific date as to when we can RP about Arthas being pushed back, killed, vanquished or whatever it is that will happen, I think the consensus is that we dont know yet.
Shantow the Bear
The Ironsong Tribe

OK, that makes sense. Once we figure out who will make this decision and what parameters we are planning on setting to trigger the RP, I would appreciate knowing. Thanks!

-Phoro.