Application for Deeke
1) State your name and any titles that you have earned, through service to the Horde in battle or otherwise
Deeke (No titles earned as yet.)

2) List your race and vocation, be it Undead Mage, Orc Hunter, or any other.
Tauren Death Knight

3) Please introduce yourself to us, as much of your personal history as you feel comfortable sharing at this time.
–- ((A full and formal “origin story” will be forthcoming. But in brief (such as it is) and from the third person for ease of telling as it relates information even he does not know)):

Deeke wasn’t actually born. He was engineered. He is the result of “Project Death Knight – 001”, also known as “the DK Project” undertaken by a team of grand master engineers from the Alliance, mostly Gnomes with a couple of representatives of other races... and from a team mostly of warlocks (for their mastery of soul magics), mages (intelligence magics) and priests (life magics) in order to create a construct that could be used to eventually infiltrate Arthas’s forces and, in time, hope to aid in his downfall when the time presented itself.

His skeletal structure is made of titanium with mechanical articulation, around this has been constructed a structure of real muscle and flesh, along with an internal structure of functioning organs which allow him to completely emulate a living being in all respects. A Tauren form was chosen both for the size allowing for stronger ease of construction, as well as the unwillingness of the team to skin a sentient being in order to create a realistic appearance, and a Tauren appearance could be achieved using domestic cattle skin, muscle, and other body parts.

During the ritual enacted by the entire team at the project’s final stage, one designed to create a programmed mind, emulation of a soul, and the spark of life within their creation... something went wrong. The gathered mystic power surged, draining the minds, souls, and very life energy from the entire project team and infusing it into the construct, giving it all the things the team intended but at a much greater expense than expected as the entire project team was rendered into corpses without even souls to send to their final afterlife.

The “Tauren” woke up on the table with the programmed memories, knowledge, and skill implanted in the tabula rasa that had been his mind... a fake identity crafted by his creators. Unfortunately Deeke, as he had been designated (a pronunciation form of “DK”, for “Death Knight”) did not understand that he wasn’t born and had never lived a real life... he did not understand that he had been “born” less than an hour before. Leaving the wrecked lab and the lifeless bodies behind, he wandered out of the hidden mountain entrance and into the Stonetalon mountains. His exit triggered guardian glyphs which had not been attuned to him yet, causing them to detonate behind him and completely collapse the long tunnel leading to the lab, sealing his birthplace behind him.

He was taken in by the Greyhoof clan of Tauren ((Not an existing clan/guild to my knowledge, but the “Clan name” of my first Horde character in WoW and still active)), his seeming confusion and resemblance to one of their members who had been thought lost two years earlier bringing them to the conclusion that one they had thought lost was now returned. (They decided it would be better for his apparently fragile sanity if they accepted his new name, though they attempted to teach him about his former life as a warrior of their clan in Mulgore.) This “taught” identity melded with his “programmed” identity, forming who Deeke eventually became.

During a battle against the Scourge, Deeke fell to the massed forces along with the rest of his war party. As programmed, his “being” went into dormancy to simulate his death. When he was raised into “unlife” by Arthas, his base programming restored itself. After a few years of service under the apparent control of Arthas and the Lich King’s commanders, Deeke found his opportunity to assert his second stage programming and free himself from the “control” of Arthas as a member of the Ebon Blade, a faction which successfully freed itself from the dominion of the Lich King.

He began to wander the land to learn and further hone his skills in an attempt to achieve his primary directive. Recently, however, he has learned that Arthas had been defeated by other heroes. As his creators had expected him to be destroyed fulfilling their programming, they did not bother to establish directives should he not be destroyed or what to do after the fall of the Lich King. So now he finds himself with little sense of direction. He continues to hone his skills, believing that he must prepare for a greater threat to Azeroth in the future. Additionally, he feigns amnesia of his “life” before being turned to a Death Knight, as well as believing that he had no control over his actions during his time serving Arthas. (The last is true, though his service was bound by his programming, not by any actual control over him possessed by Arthas himself.) The only thing remaining now of any directive from his creators is a fragment of a command line that tries to activate once in a while... “home”.

To this day, Deeke still does not realize that his life and the majority of his sense of self identity was created by others. Whether he will ever discover this to be the case, as well as how he might react to the realization that this is true, remains a mystery.

4) Tell us about any professions you have taken up, such as Tailoring or First Aid.
Cooking, Fishing, First Aid, Herbalism, Skinning

5) What are the Clans, Tribes, or Guilds that you have been a part of in the past, if any?
I have not been a member of any significant group other than as an unwilling member of the Lich King’s forces. ((I have had no ties to any other groups on the Silver Hand server. I have no significant ties on other servers beyond a couple of my own private mini-guilds that are more just a way for friends to easily get in touch now and then and to allow my toons on those servers to have access to a guild vault to expand their own storage.))

6) Please describe what drew your interest in joining the Ironsong Tribe, and any memorable interactions you have had with members of Ironsong.
((Primarily I became interested after discussing the guild with a RL friend of mine who plays Phoronid. I have not enjoyed a few previous guild experiences due to the guilds invariably degrading into immaturity and social power games. Phoronid assured me that Ironsong has a long and very stable history of not doing exactly that... and has assured me that the Ironsong Tribe is full of good players, fun characters, and a lot of RP that I’ll enjoy. (He and I have been RL friends for about 14 years now, including a lot of tabletop and LARP role-playing before I moved elsewhere a decade ago) So I have decided that to come out of my 3 year avoidance of close associations with any guild (other than my two personal “mini-guilds” as described above) and submitted an application at his strong recommendation. I have also done a little RP with Senne at a recent moot.))

7) What is the greatest trial you have faced, either long ago, or in the recent past?
Currently, Deeke believes his greatest challenge was in gaining his freedom from the control of Arthas. (He does not realize that the Lich King never really held dominion over him.)

8) What are your current goals, or some of your greatest desires, and the reasons behind them?
His prime directive was eliminated without his participation when Arthas was cast down... though he did not know this was his intended path. All he understands now is that he has his freedom with little direction. Currently, his primary need... though not fully realized by him at this time... is to find a purpose which can give him that sense of direction. For now, he seeks to learn what he can from his travels and those he encounters, though something in him seems to be directing him to “find home” wherever, or whatever, that might be.

9) What do you enjoy most in your adventures in Azeroth?
Meeting new people, conversing, learning, challenging myself, and seeing what there is to see.

10) Finally, have you read our Code of Conduct, and do you agree to abide by the rules stated in it? If so, please state so here in addition to a reply to the post itself.
I have read the code of conduct and will adhere to it as I understand it to be. (And I support much of what it says anyhow.)

-- Edited by author: 5/22/10 @ 5:30 am CDT to clarify a couple minor points of data between IC and OOC comments.
Greetings, Deeke, and welcome to our little corner of Silver Hand. Your application looks great and it's really well written. Points for an incredibly original story! We look forward to playing with you!

Come see us at our next moot, Thursday nights, 6pm realm time (Phoro or any other Tribe member can tell you where; the location often changes) and we'll get you set up.

Thanks!

-Sreng
[Image: 2426811FELbm.png]
I'll do my best to be there. ((The only thing that would get in the way is RL, which that night means my daughter's softball game. But I think I'll be back home early enough to make it to the moot.))
*Architeuthis looks around a corner*

I like him. He seems to have a nice look about him and I think he has a really neat magical aura that makes pretty patterns. He also seems to have holes in his mind like me and I hope that he can help me...um.. we can help him with the missing memories and be part of the Ironsong Tribe. Not all who wander are lost, but some who wander are lost, and need friends to help them find their wa..

*unexpectedly ice blocks - mid-word*

*thaws*

Um.. why is everyone looking at me? *pause* Hi, I'm Architeuthis. Pleased to meet you all.

*looks nervous*

(Player Note: Yes, I approve of this applicant. He should do well in the tribe and we could have some RP fun with teaching this character the tribal social behaviors and traditions... He should do well, even with our crazy members.. *ponder* Hmm, that would be most of us. - Phoronid, Player of)
Peonship granted 28/05/2010
Etsuko - Monk
Razzlixx Blingwell - Warlock
Cloudjumper Wildmane - Druid (Inactive)
Just bumping this as advised to note that it's almost a month past my 30 days as a Peon mark...

Any news on a promo to the next level?

~ Deeke
Attend Thursday's moot and perhaps Donalzon will promote you.
[Image: 3994085VvROm.png]