Apolien's app
1) State your name and any titles that you have earned, through service to the Horde in battle or otherwise
I was a priest before the plague destroyed my homeland and in life I was also a man of horrid deeds and great evil. My service to the Horde was to choose their fate in battle, whether to grace them with life or let them rot and have the God's decide their eternal fate. I have let many fall to grounds in death to suit my dark needs for death, however many have survived in battle with my help as well. Sometimes the God's demand death in battle and it is at that moment when I let them slowly diminish.

2) List your vocation, be it Mage, Hunter, or any other.
I am Apolien, name given by the people of Lordaeron for my dark deeds for I in fact was said to be THE Apolien himself, Lucifer's second in command. I am a priest by trade, given to me the title by the High priest council. Of course, when the plague came, they regretted every moment of my becomming...for It was I that smiled as there flesh slowly became torn and their minds rotted into the Undead.

3) Please introduce yourself to us, as much of your personal history as you feel comfortable sharing at this time.
After the Plague hit the fine city of Lordaeron, the population was infected with disease and they turned to me for aid because the High Priest council fled to lands unknown to seek a cure. Citizens and Soldiers a like came to the doors of the Great Church to beg for my aid and I demanded favors in return for their life. Some would rather die than do the hideous tasks that I demanded of them...and they did so messly. I would demand the heads of my personal enemies, women...sometimes wives, I would demand artifacts and riches...and of course in the end I would demand their soul. Should they complete my tasks I would grace them with the light and the very disease that infected them will be burned by light.

However in order for me to demand their life be savored, I would demand their soul. Many gave up their soul willingly...some had to be forced, and few chose to turn into the darkness. Those that gave up their soul for their life bended to my will for eternity, my words will then be their law and the more souls I took the more of my humanity began to diminish. Slowly my own flesh would rot, loosen, and crumble like dust. My bones began to become brittle, my flesh revealed the very fabrics of my skeleton. Months passed and the infection grew worst and worst and soon the fallen Prince Arthas would return to reclaim his kingdom. By now I was nor human or dead, I was nearly fleshless, I have become undead. I thought by releasing the souls I have harvested my Humanity would return, but I was mistaken. This was the unbearable price for my deed and it can never be undone. The minds of my minions began to rot and my powers could not heal them and I was soon a lone in a plagued and war torn land...only by chance did I happen to make it to the silverpine forest where I began a new legacy...The power to truely choose the fate of life.

4) Tell us about any professions you have taken up, such as Tailoring or First Aid.
I am a master priest and for this reason I am also trained in the arts of first aid. I will however seek out knowledge in the arts of Tailoring and possibly skinning.

5) What are the Clans, Tribes, or Guilds that you have been a part of in the past, if any?
I knew no affiliations with any past Tribe. All my life I have gone a lone to the path of darkness.

6) Please describe what drew your interest in joining the Ironsong Tribe, and any memorable interactions you have had with members of Ironsong.
I found interest in the Ironsong Tribe because it shares the same Roleplaying values I do and I would like to be apart of people that are somewhat similar to me.

7) What is the greatest trial you have faced, either long ago, or in the recent past?
The greatest trial I have faced was when I lead the crusade against Rebelling humans when I dominated the inhabitance of Lordaeron. Bandits and Mercenaries a like tried countless attempts to my assassination and at every attempt they met a most gruesome fate...for they were tortured in the very depths of the Great Church. However when I lead the final crusade against the Bandit leader Charles, it was a most deadly battle. They brought arrows of flame and I brought the light of the heavens to heal my minions and for this reason they fell before our might and the Bandit leader Charles kneeled before me in surrender. When he did, I demanded his son, General Sargus to come forth and I chewed the flesh off of his face before his father as a severe punishment for their actions against the "Holy Crusade". His father struggled to break free at the sight of the cannabalism and I ordered his hands to be severed from his arms and to be blinded...He survived for 5 months without ever weilding a weapon or seeing the light of day...and he forcefully swallowed his tongue to end his own life.

8) What are your current goals, or some of your greatest desires, and the reasons behind them?
I desire the power to determine the fate of life. Should we battle against the monstrosities in the ragefire chasm or the scarlet fanatics in the Scarlet Monastary, I demand the will to decide who lives and who falls to the dust....who comes back to life and who stays dead. My reasons for these cynical wishes is to serve my taste for power and my need to cleanse life.

9) What do you enjoy most in your adventures in Azeroth?
I enjoy the sight of Stormgarde because it was the city I was born in...however it is under rule by the last remnants of the Human order and they will not be happy to see Apolien, the High Priest of Lordaeron. I also enjoy the sight of great tree in Duskwood because it reminds me of the beauty that once reigned in that plagued land. Above all, I wish to return to Lordaeron to see if I can turn any of my fallen minions back from the dead...however...I believe their souls are far from humanity.

10) Finally, have you read our Code of Conduct, and do you agree to abide by the rules stated in it? If so, please state so here in addition to a reply to the post itself.
Yes, I agree to the Code of Conduct of the Ironsong tribe and I agree to abide by the rules stated in it.
((Just a few concerns, really, with how your backstory fits the lore of Azeroth. First, your reference to the Gods. Not necessarily an issue really, it could be a matter of interpretation, but the clergy of Lordaeron do not venerate Gods, they worship the Light. The Light is an abstract concept of goodness, purity, love, and happiness. Clearly that doesn't sound like anything you'd be into.... Wink

Your name: Apolien, Appollyon, Aba'don, the Angel of the Bottomless Pit from Revelation, right? Cool stuff, and an acceptable adaptation of the original name (so as not to violate naming conventions and run afoul of the GMs). Reference to Lucifer is not accurate though, the setting's cosmology doesn't make room for it. He doesn't exist here!

As far as evil priests go before the fall of Lordaeron, there were a few. The Scarlet Crusade didn't form until after Arthas' patricide, so that's out. The Cult of the Damned, the mortal cultists of the Lich King, is one possibility. There were also hidden covens of demon-worshippers too. It's extremely unlikely that the Church of the Light would have overlooked these deeds and tolerated them. That being said, if you want to go with it, do so but come up with an explanation of just how you got away with these things.

Last, "evil" characters tend to not do so well in Ironsong. We are by and large an altruistic bunch, more focused on destroying evil than harboring it. Again, there are exceptions to every rule, but we'd have to figure out how we can make this work.))

-Sreng'jin
Sreng Wrote:((Just a few concerns, really, with how your backstory fits the lore of Azeroth. First, your reference to the Gods. Not necessarily an issue really, it could be a matter of interpretation, but the clergy of Lordaeron do not venerate Gods, they worship the Light. The Light is an abstract concept of goodness, purity, love, and happiness. Clearly that doesn't sound like anything you'd be into.... Wink

Your name: Apolien, Appollyon, Aba'don, the Angel of the Bottomless Pit from Revelation, right? Cool stuff, and an acceptable adaptation of the original name (so as not to violate naming conventions and run afoul of the GMs). Reference to Lucifer is not accurate though, the setting's cosmology doesn't make room for it. He doesn't exist here!

As far as evil priests go before the fall of Lordaeron, there were a few. The Scarlet Crusade didn't form until after Arthas' patricide, so that's out. The Cult of the Damned, the mortal cultists of the Lich King, is one possibility. There were also hidden covens of demon-worshippers too. It's extremely unlikely that the Church of the Light would have overlooked these deeds and tolerated them. That being said, if you want to go with it, do so but come up with an explanation of just how you got away with these things.

Last, "evil" characters tend to not do so well in Ironsong. We are by and large an altruistic bunch, more focused on destroying evil than harboring it. Again, there are exceptions to every rule, but we'd have to figure out how we can make this work.))

-Sreng'jin

((Sure I'll explain a bit better:

You see Apolien here was in fact good, his real name was Herod, not named after the Scarlet Boss. So getting passed the Church of the Light was no real problem because he was in fact of the Light until the Plague hit and he began treading into darker paths and his true nature unfolded and he later became known as "Apolien".

I assumed a Lucifer existed. Perhaps Kil' Jaeden to be exact. As you may of noticed I'm not too familiar with the lore, I have played Warcraft 3 RoC and Warcraft 3 TFT so I do remember a few story pieces from that.

About the evil priest groups, I was of none. I was simply taking care of what the High priest's left behind in a more cynical matter. No group, I was mostly a lone.

About not accepting evil characters, well I AM a Undead character. The Forsaken are under Lady Silvanas and Lord Varimathras and both of them pretty much hate life. I don't really know how to kind of not be an evil character being Undead and all with a backstory such as this one...Any ideas? ))[/u]
Apolien Wrote:About not accepting evil characters, well I AM a Undead character. The Forsaken are under Lady Silvanas and Lord Varimathras and both of them pretty much hate life. I don't really know how to kind of not be an evil character being Undead and all with a backstory such as this one...Any ideas? ))[/u]

(( Just speaking here as a fellow Tribemate - I'm not an officer or anything.

I agree, with your backstory, your character sounds pretty much unremittingly evil. My suggestion would be to give the evil a focus for revenge, rather than just a generalized 'destroy life' kind of thing. The majority of the Tribe are good folks, but those with evil tendencies typically direct their hatred at some group, allowing them and the Tribe to have common goals.

One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of Tribemates wouldn't want to intereact with a character like yours, and while RP is required in guildchat (and strongly encouraged elsewhere!), graphic descriptions of evil acts and such aren't likely to be well received, heh.

This post on playing an evil character (http://www.ironsongtribe.com/viewtopic.php?t=2411 is likely a good way to get an idea of the kind of 'evil' that can work within the Tribe. ))
[Image: 2270166Iryxy.png]
Dromand (70 Tank/Healing Paladin), Logros (70 Enhancement Shaman), Denul (70 Shadow Priest), Bendon (70 AH-Mule Rogue)
((Well the Revenge part is a good idea...even though it will intertwine with my actual likings...Since I really do like having the option to determine fate for some reason. Perhaps I could keep that cynical taste, but at the same time have a revenge for humans who now despise me for my "transformation". My character will then have no love for anything that resembles humanity in it's physical form with the obvious exception for Blood Elves because they share the same cynical lust for power I do.

Would that make things a little bit...better?))
As the tribes largest jerk. Let me suggest a few things as these things go. Evil an be an admirable trait in a character. But it is important to give your character enough of a personality that can work with a group that he will not be ostracized. We have a post in the general forums that deals with this kind of thing. But essentially if you are selfish and evil your character is not made to keep company with others. But if your character is willing to work with the whole to accomplish his ends its another story.

Case in point. My character is a warlock, he loathes humanity passionately for a youth spent caged in one of Loderan's interment camps. He is a power hungry elitist. As his interesting counterpoint he has a twisted but very real sense of honor. All his dark means are to an end of the betterment of his own people...even if that road sends him spiraling into a dark oblivion.

Good evil characters do not twist their mustaches and cackle with glee. They are beings with motives one could almost empathize with.

Many undead tend to want to play near emotionless creatures with no drive except for power...that really does not lend itself to a group dynamic. The powerful loner is not an image that will make most people happy in the long run as they tend to end up ...just that.

Anyway, just a few suggestions. Work with what you want and of course take all the commenting on your profile in the posative light that at least we give enough of a damn to try and make sure you know what it is you are getting into.

Craig.