Anyone grinding for higher PVP ranks right now...
...might want to read this.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=24942544&pageNo=1">http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 4&pageNo=1</a><!-- m -->
"You can never run from trouble, 'cause there ain't no place that far." - Scissor Sisters, "Lights"
Yeah, if you don't already know this definitely take note. It was announced a while ago but some might have missed it.

Tae
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
"Server is busy, please try again later."

What's going to happen? Is this about the token system or something?
[Image: 85443.png][Image: 85444.png]
Just that the rank system will be eliminated in favor of points used to buy PVP gear, in brief.
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
More specifically, current PVP rank will not be compensated in any way - so if you're grinding for rank 13/14 and only hit, say, 11, you effectively lose all of that progress.
"You can never run from trouble, 'cause there ain't no place that far." - Scissor Sisters, "Lights"
That's a bit depressing to hear since I think my only hope of getting an epic mount was to be rank 11. :cry:
You will still be able to get that one. Just not be rank 11. You should be able to turn in enough points for the mount.
Bloodsail, and proud.
Since the link page doesn't seem to be working, I'm just curious. Does that mean that everyone will start at ground zero and start earning token as though they'd never done pvp before ? If so I'm not sure which is worse. Trying to grind from my current rank to 11 or having to start from nothing and earn enough for the epic mount.... :?
[Image: 18177.jpg]
Unfortunately, Ulfric, it sounds like that's correct. =/
Yea, I was going to do some heavy pvp grinding to try and get my full blue pvp set before the change. I don't know if I'll have time now that school has started. Especially as of the last pvp patch it seems to be extremely hard to gain any rank. I suppose everyone has been pvp'ing a lot more, b/c I did quite a bit of it and didn't even move an inch from my standing in blood guard. What a pain. I guess I'll never have good shoulders. Sad
Well, I'm certainly glad I'm all for the Reputation rewards over Rank rewards. =P
Likewise! I just wish it had come sooner, BEFORE the cross-server BGs. Since my only PvP encounters come from world PvP (ie, defending Horde outposts), it has drastically cut down since they were implemented. Heh heh.
Save all your faction quest turn-ins, I'm willing to bet there will be some conversion on those.
Filiminjaru Wrote:Yea, I was going to do some heavy pvp grinding to try and get my full blue pvp set before the change. I don't know if I'll have time now that school has started. Especially as of the last pvp patch it seems to be extremely hard to gain any rank. I suppose everyone has been pvp'ing a lot more, b/c I did quite a bit of it and didn't even move an inch from my standing in blood guard. What a pain. I guess I'll never have good shoulders. Sad

The AB shoulders are good, but that grind is a total pain.
Fanae Wrote:The AB shoulders are good, but that grind is a total pain.

QFT. I don't know how anyone gets Exalted with the Defilers. 100 rep for collecting 2000 resources and 50 rep for the token turn-in doesn't equal a whole lot of rep per game played, and some of those games can last a good 20 mintues if neither side manages to get an edge.

Yeah. The AB shoulders are really cool, but not worth the grind. :cry: