Alienne Brightcaller
1) State your name and any titles that you have earned, through service to the Horde in battle or otherwise
I am Alienne Brightcaller. I have not attained any titles from the Horde or my people, the Sin'dorei

2) List your vocation, be it Mage, Hunter, or any other.
I have been trained since my youth to be a Priest, a follower of the ideals of the Holy Light. This path was taught to me by my parents. Though many of my people have renounced the Holy Light, believing the Light has abandoned us- but I will not forsake the Light.

3) Please introduce yourself to us, as much of your personal history as you feel comfortable sharing at this time.
My childhood was fairly normal for a high elf. My mother and father, Alliura and Rusar Brightcaller, were both priests and raised me to follow in their stead. They were fiercely devoted to the Light and tried to instill it in me. I regret that I didn't put listen more back then.
I was 14 when Arthas invaded our home and destroyed the Sunwell. My parents were in the battle and were overcome by the armies of undead. Like most of my brothers and sisters I took upon the title of a sin'dorei in honor of my fallen family. But then my people began to abandon the very ideals our fallen brothers and sisters had sworn themselves to. Many of my fellow priests felt abandonned by the Light and renounced the vows they made. Alone, and desperate for direction, I further clinged to the Light- for it is the one thing given to me of my parents that cannot be taken away.
When news of our new alliance with the Horde came to Quel'Thalas I first set out to Undercity, the home of the Forsaken. I had hopes that my parents might be there, part of the society that the former Ranger Sylvannus Windrunner had created. I did many favors for the Forsaken as I moved from town to town that they controlled hoping to find my parents. After long though I couldn't take the overall decadence the Forsaken lived in. It saddenned my heart to see the moral decay the Plague had caused them, perhaps even greater than the physical decay of their bodies. Though some of the Forsaken have proven to be warm individuals, their society is such that I have let go of my hopes of finding my parents among their kind.
I have had a much more different experience on Kalimdor. Though I have not met a single Orc, Tauren, or Troll who follows the Holy Light, they all have something about them that draws me near to them. The Tauren are as every bit as respectful, tenacious, and compassionate as any practitioner of the Light. The Orcs seemed to have tamed the addictions and carry themselves with such pride I cannot help but admire them. My people could certainly learn from them. And the Trolls... well I'm learning many of the things I was taught about Trolls were wrong. They aren't the most refined of races, no, but if nothing else these Darkspear Trolls do not let their troubles get in the way of being happy. I am beginning to feel more at home among the Taurens, Orcs... and to some extent Trolls than I do around my fellow sin'dorei.

4) Tell us about any professions you have taken up, such as Tailoring or First Aid.
I learned to be a tailor from my mother, who quite good at it if I may say so. It has proven quite useful to me and those I have been around. Without it I could not have bought my hawkstrider, as I gained most of my money from selling silk packs and mageweave bags I made. I have also learned the practice of enchanting from varios masters I have met during my travels. It too has proven quite useful to me and others as it has allowed me to make use of some objects I have come across that would have otherwise been worthless to me.

5) What are the Clans, Tribes, or Guilds that you have been a part of in the past, if any?
I had been until recently joined to a group known as The Crimson Guard. It was from Seishanna, their leader that I saw how brave an orc could be. But alas, the Crimson Guard has slowly seemed to fall apart as our lives take us in different directions. Though a happy chapter in my life- I feel it is time I move on.

6) Please describe what drew your interest in joining the Ironsong Tribe, and any memorable interactions you have had with members of Ironsong.
The first Ironsinger I met was ironically a fellow sin'dorei named Cognyte. I suppose it is only fitting that I describe her as having an impish nature seeing as she is a warlock. Her playful and easy going attitude was a welcome departure from the haughty snobbery that seems to be prevalant among our people. It was she who created Benzer, my mechanical squirrel which has kept me company during my long treks alone in the world.
The other Ironsinger I know well is a Forsaken rogue named Vardoth. I met him while dealing with the woefully misguided Scarlet Crusade. It was his aid that allowed me to accomplish the tasks that were given to me. Upon meeting with him, I was struck by how he seemed much less dour and brooding than most Forsaken. He is the primary reason I don't look upon all Forsaken with disgust- I know there is some good in them as long as there Vardoth's among his people.
I actually encountered both Cognyte and Vardoth recently and discussed the situation with the Crimson Guard to them. Both suggested I become apply for membership into the Ironsong Tribe. Seeing as I find myself each day growing more and more devoted to the Horde than to only the sin'dorei, I thought joining such a group might help me further the cause of the Horde.

7) What is the greatest trial you have faced, either long ago, or in the recent past?
For me, the greatest trial was staying true to the vows I have made to follow the Light. When Lady Liadrin renounced her vows, many of my fellow priests followed. Many of those who left were some of my closest friends. This had all come on the heels of losing my parents. In addittion the Sunwell had been destroyed and like all other Sin'dorei I was learning how to cope with the arcane withdrawels I was going through. The only thing that got me through the trial was the memory of my parents teaching me the precepts of the Holy Light. Once I committed myself to not forsaking the faith of my father and mother, I was able to push through the trials with hope.

8) What are your current goals, or some of your greatest desires, and the reasons behind them?
My current goal is to serve the Horde as best I can and to take in the best of the different beings I meet. So many Sin'dorei seem to believe you cannot trust anyone who is not sin'dorei. I have a hard time believing such things can be true, especially since I have met so many good, intelligent, strong, brave, and wise people outside of of Silvermoon.
I cannot say I am completely free of the mistakes of my people. Though I follow the principles of the Light, in my travels I have strayed from its power. Traveling through Azeroth alone has not been safe and as such I have had to turn to the darker sides of being a priest to survive. While I have grown adept at utilyzing the power of the shadows, when I am sufficently strong I hope to devote myself fully to the precepts and power of the Holy Light.

9) What do you enjoy most in your adventures in Azeroth?
I have most enjoyed meeting new, interesting, and sometimes strange people. I cannot help but feel that as I meet another person, that a little bit of their wisdom, strength, virtue, or (especially in the case of many of the Darkspears I have met) humor rubs off on me.

10) Finally, have you read our Code of Conduct, and do you agree to abide by the rules stated in it? If so, please state so here in addition to a reply to the post itself.
I have read the Code of Conduct and I do hereby agree to all its rules and precepts.
Thanks for applying!

You will need to attend a guild moot (meeting) in order to make your introduction to the guild.
Moots are held every Thursday at 6pm Orgrimmar (Server) time.
Tonights moot is being held in the chambers of Lady Sylvanas in the Undercity.
Etsuko - Monk
Razzlixx Blingwell - Warlock
Cloudjumper Wildmane - Druid (Inactive)
((Yay Alienne! I hope all went well! I'm sorry I didn't attend, RL is kicking my tail currently. Great write-up, by the way! You did an excellent job!))

-AKA Cognyte