A clarification on level 70 interacts with old raid content
I know many people have discussed returning to Azeroth to explore the raid content that we did not do as a Tribe. I wanted to post a copy of clarification provided by Nethaera on the boards earlier today about how bosses will work when we are at level 70.

Quote: Ok, I have some quick clarification on a few things.

Yes the bosses scale and should act as if 3 levels higher than each individual player. So this will only affect, chance to resist, glancing blows and to hit for each person. Ex. If you are 70 it will react as if it is 73. If you are 60, it will be 63. The hitpoints do not go up nor does the damage that the mob does. The only thing that is scaling is damage mitigation based on each player attacking the mob.

So to clear it up, it does not scale based on the highest member of the raid. The loot tables remain unchanged as well.

Original post at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=70809126&pageNo=6&sid=1#106">http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... &sid=1#106</a><!-- m -->
Oryx - Jadox - Koryx - Atorax - Cabochon - Hargrim - Morwen - Stillweaver - Talindrys
does this effect all content like MC, ZG etc?
:cry: That's dumb. Why would you ever go to that stuff when the loot tables stay the same.
Filiminjaru Wrote::cry: That's dumb. Why would you ever go to that stuff when the loot tables stay the same.

All upper level dungeons now have an option called "Heroic" which will up the HP, damage, etc. of all mobs and bosses in that dungeon. In addition, some of the most powerful items in game will also be made available through that system.
The mighty cannot stop me, nor the wise make plans against me.
Moorenn Wrote:
Filiminjaru Wrote::cry: That's dumb. Why would you ever go to that stuff when the loot tables stay the same.

All upper level dungeons now have an option called "Heroic" which will up the HP, damage, etc. of all mobs and bosses in that dungeon. In addition, some of the most powerful items in game will also be made available through that system.

All new dungeons will have that option. It's unfortunate none of the old-world instances will be changed, but I suppose you can say they'll still be there for those that may not have the expansion. Heh.
I wouldn't mind seeing stuff like the rest of BWL and AQ40 and Naxxramas someday, though I'm definitely not interested in investing months in it just for sightseeing. I wonder how easy it'll be to just cruise through?
"You can never run from trouble, 'cause there ain't no place that far." - Scissor Sisters, "Lights"
I agree with fanae, I woul dlike to see it too one day.. though that day is a long ways off for me... hehe
I wonder if it scales for stealth detection too.

Get a group of rogues and druids together for a tour!
Verruckter Wrote:I wonder if it scales for stealth detection too.

Get a group of rogues and druids together for a tour!
Most if not all the instances past MC have ways to prevent you from getting through without killing the boss with doors being closed, ways being blocked, ect.
What is the best thing in life?
Crush enemy, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.