A (Slightly Less Important) Burning Crusade!
(I (Amato) will be, over the next month or two, attempting to do something pretty much unheard of in Ironsong history. Well, alright, outside of the few instances in which I've managed to accidently piss off critters enough to get knocked around for it. I am aiming to become our first Feral MC tank.

The problem: I cannot do this alone. I do not have the ability to gather or produce the gear and potions needed to pull together something of this magnitude. Though I've been more or less a die hard do-it-myself-er in the past, I really can't do this one alone. Not only am I not capable of crafting the items I need personally, neither can I gather the materials for them alone. Yes, core leather and cores are availible on the Auction House for prices of several gold each and up. I do not have enough money to purchase enough quantities of these items to just hand them to others leatherworkers in the Tribe and ask that they be put together into the items I need. In the past, this was presented to me as the only option I have. This is not possible. I do not have the ability to gather or purchase these items.

I will be attempting to assemble:
From Leatherworking:
Corehound Boots
Lava Belt
Molten Helm
Misc:
Libram of Resilience
Onyxia Blood Talisman
Leatherworking/Tailoring:
Onyxia Scale Cloak

The total required materials which I cannot gather/craft on my own comes to:
13 Lava Core
9 Fiery Core
35 Core Leather
1 Scale of Onyxia
1 Cindercloth Cloak
1 Head of Onyxia

Many of these items are things that go straight to the Tribe vault. Some of them are things we roll on. All of them are things which I have previously been told I must acquire on my own, without the aid of the Tribe. I can't do this, so I'm asking for your help.

As some people know I stockpile Essences in my vault, particularly Essence of Air and Essence of Water. In the past, I've given them out to Tribemates at well below normal prices. Now I'm looking to trade or sell them in order to help reach my goal. If anyone needs these things, please let me know.

I highly doubt that alone will let me reach my goal, however, so I am asking for aid from anyone who thinks they can help. I've devoted a lot of my playing time to helping other people, now I'm asking that some of that kindness be returned.

-Amato)
This is an interesting idea!

I personally can help with the Cindercloth Cloak. I will have one for you in the mail, Amato.
A Scale of Onyxia isn't that hard to get if you can attend Onyxia, the majority of attendees already have them for their cloaks and up to 4 can be skinned from her.

I'll keep my eye out for good deals on Librams of Resilience.

I suggest you discuss your interest in tanking MC with Kosath as he coordinates the tanking priority for the most part. I'm sure he'd be happy to talk with you about it.

Tae
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
(I have a running grudge against Ony on all my characters. In total, out of all of them, I've attended about 30 runs. Never won a thing. That's why it's on my list. Most people who have run frequent small instances with me know what my luck is like in terms of dice. That aside... I'm trying. My work schedule means I miss pretty much every run we make by about 30 minutes. So even though I have money to play now, I still can't make most runs. If we continue to run Ony on Sundays, though, I ought to be able to attend at least every few weeks [IE when we're all running a little late and I have time to slip in]. I was there this Sunday, and the sheer number of people still rolling on the scales makes me believe I won't be seeing one for at least a few months yet. But I'm trying.

Please keep in mind, very little of this is pressing. I don't feel I could be an effective boss tank until BC actually comes out, because of the lack of a bear tank +aggro attack (among other things). It's just something I've been striving to do for a very long time with almost no appreciable results on my own, so now I'm requesting help.

And thank you, Eveline. It's much appreciated.

Edit: A note on the scheduling. My schedule will change drastically once January rolls around, so yes I do plan on actually putting this gear to use more than just every few weeks.)
(So, of course, right after posting that... I win something two weeks in a row. Sometimes my luck streaks astound me, both good and bad.

Thanks to a lot of cooperation, work and gold spent I am now in possession of a Lava Belt, Onyxia Scale Cloak, and one Burning Essence away from a Libram enchant. For those who are curious, my unbuffed Fire Resist is now 220 in full gear, without any FR on my helm or boots and no Librams. Adding in a hypothetical Molten Helm, Corehound Boots and the Libram enchant I am waiting to get, that brings the total to 293. Add in a second Libram and that's 313, 2 away from what is widely considered the max useful FR.

Thank you, everyone, for your help so far.)
This is wonderful, Amato!
I'm sure Kosath mentioned this to you in-game, but because of the cap of 315 on FR you can wear less of it when actively tanking in order to maximize Sta or what have you and/or get away with just plain not owning as much. The reason being the +60 from the Shaman FR totem, which is de rigeur on Rags tanks in particular.

Awesome work!
Tae
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BoP Tradeskill drop locations - Burning Crusade Kosath 7 5,157 01-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sound