A Gathering of Souls: Results for week 1
From Ilidiir:

"It seems that the will of Ironsong is great. Your reputation as foes of the darkness is well deserved, as two of your tribesmates have been cleansed of their taint. I am continuing my research of the properties of the Gathering Stone here in the arcane sanctums of Quel'thalas. I may have discovered some secret property that may enable you to unmask the Fel-tainted more easily, but time will tell. In the meanwhile, I ask that you all remain vigilant for the followers of Kael'thas. Despite the destruction of the Gathering Stone, I fear that they seek my head on simple principle. I hope this letter finds you well out of harm's way."

-Ilidiir Goldensky

OOC: Tonight, the warring wills of the Ironsong Tribe struck against the mystical energies imbuing two souls.

First, the power of the Light-willed Tribe lashed out and scoured the Fel taint from the spirit of Zhebra, freeing him from his curse.

Then, the Fel power lashed out at one believed to be light-blessed, but Cloudjumper was in fact Fel-tainted!

Due to the etheric shift into the favor of the Light-blessed team, the Light-blessed have earned a bonus! The first Light-blessed player to submit a week two vote will count as two votes.

Results thus far:

Fel Players eliminated:
Cloudjumper
Zhebra

Light Players eliminated:
none
Alas poor Fel-Cloudjumper, we had very little time to get to know you.
Etsuko - Monk
Razzlixx Blingwell - Warlock
Cloudjumper Wildmane - Druid (Inactive)
I'm actually glad you guys picked me to vote off, that means a lot. To me it's kinda like a rite of passage, like I'm officially part of the Tribe now. It also cleanses Zeb which is great all-around. (I intentionally revealed it the other day when Zeb lashed out at people for pretending to have Troll accents and it seems some people caught it!)
(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Zhebra, 70 Troll mage
Polled, 70 Tauren huntress
Diljabar, 38 Orc warlock… reincarnated…
Shenawyn made a point to stop by the totem now and again, stopping to sit and sift through the various bulletins and announcements, sometimes finding a story or two to read about her new "family," for want of a better word. When Zanzi had asked her if any of her brothers could use a new sword, she had told him, "..but I only have one brother." Silly Shen, he meant brothers of the Tribe. Oh. Oops. It took some getting used to, but she thought she was starting to figure things out.

That family feeling had been tested the other night when she'd accidentally set off one of her new "brothers." She'd been trying out pirate speech with Skalus, and one thing had led to another, and soon she was speaking Troll. Or, rather, a very poor imitation of it. She hadn't meant it to be insulting, she rather liked the way they spoke. It was a lot easier to understand than that Forsaken ambassador without a jaw. I mean, really, how can you talk with no jaw? The drool was way distracting.

Without any warning, Zeb'ra had lashed out at the Troll-speakers, threatening them for making fun of his heritage. Though he had been calmed down, it had been a surprise to Shen and she had gone immediately silent, hiding behind her brother for safety. Today, it all became clear to her as her softly glowing emerald eyes took in the notice tacked to the totem.

"Fel-tainted. No wonder!" Smiling, she read on, noting that Zeb'ra had been cleansed of the energies and all was, once again, well. She was silently relieved that she'd not had a run-in with Cloudjumper while he was under the taint as well. Sure, the Tauren were cute and all, but they were HUGE! Maybe she could hide from an angry Troll, but where can you go to escape a wrathful Tauren with flaring nostrils and, possibly, given the Fel-taint, flaming hooves?!

Shivering, she shook off the thought, looking over the totem for any other news, intentionally not thinking about who else in the Tribe may be under the control of the twisting nether.
*scratches his head, looking confused*

What's this about tainted Tribemates?

They don't need it smashed outta them, do they? Because, y'know, I can do that if so. *cough* I'm just saying is all.. I can even patch 'em up after, although that takes a bit longer.
[Image: 2270166Iryxy.png]
Dromand (70 Tank/Healing Paladin), Logros (70 Enhancement Shaman), Denul (70 Shadow Priest), Bendon (70 AH-Mule Rogue)
Prisom silently walked up behind his sister and was also reading the notice. He recalled Ilidiir... and now that he saw all this he sincerely wished he had been more aware of the situation as a whole. He put a protective hand over his sister's shoulder but was almost performing an automatic action and seemed unaware he was even doing it.

He frowned and his eyes pulsed a deep dark green as he read and mouthed the words 'followers of Kael'thas.' He did not like where this might be going... no... not at all.
Very interesting. it seems that the powers (namely Fel) are either blind to those they possess, or uncarring, and will lash out at whomever they choose. This will require further study...
*The following note is scrawled on what appears to be a dried piece of Galak Centaur skin.*

I be keepin' ma vigil in da Weathered Nook deep in da Thousand Needles. Dorn Plainstalker be a good host, dough he keep givin' me test ta do. As I'se told da tribe at da moot, Jaba be tryin' ta understand da vision dat came to 'im from da Shard of da Virtuous, ma mace. So I sit here in dis cave starin' at ma mace all day. For all dat time, it say nothin' till last night when da vision come again. It start wit a bright white light, dat blind poor ol' Jaba, and den, dere be a face in dere an' I'se see its mouth a'movin'. I sure it be da face of a god, dough I no can be resolvin' it yet. It tell me dat dere be great evil in da universe, and dat I gotsa spread da word ta wipe it out. It say dat a troll be da one to stomp dis evil into da ground. Dis' troll not be me. Dis troll be Zul'jin. Now I be knowin' dat Zul'jin be gone, and meebe dead. I jus' tellin' ya what da face told me. It say Zul'jin come back and lead da troll nation to be great agin. Da trolls be da first and dey gonna be da last when dey wipe dis evil off da world's face. Now, da only ting dis face be wantin' is a lil' gift from Jaba. I try ta give him a bottle o' beer, but dat no satisfy him. He say he need a lil' o' Jaba's blood. So I'se cut ma hand and let da blood fall on da mace. Funny ting is dat face suck it right down. Da mace stay as clean as when Jaba polish it. Da face say dat lil' bit o' Jaba's blood a do for now. So dat what I'se gotsa tell ya now. Be watchin' for da new Zul'jin an' his kaz'kah dat cleanse da world.

-Jabadue Bloodsnake

*The note looks to have been written in blood*
Have Mana Tide, Will Travel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Gathering of Souls Sreng 4 3,036 07-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Sreng
  Gathering of souls: on break! Sreng 2 2,132 06-07-2007, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Guest
  Gathering of Souls: Week 3 Results! Sreng 3 2,552 06-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Efluvious
  Research (Gathering of Souls RP point) 6 3,541 05-30-2007, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Guest
  Gathering of Souls: Current Balance of Power Sreng 1 1,792 05-24-2007, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Sreng