45-minute Baron run
As some of you know, Lucrenda, Chaska, Eveline, Shillatae, and myself completed this on saturday. Afterward I received some questions and requests for a pull route, so that is the reason for this post. The following are my suggestions, but other strategies and paths may work for you.

First, the pull path. We went in about a week ago and did a run to determine what could be skipped and what couldnt. I also counted mobs and tried to figure out the fewest needed kills before the abominations. What I came up with was a route that started with the baroness, then did the spider and Maleki last. We did a dry run without using consumables to familiarize everyone with the route.

At first I thought I would have to draw up my own map, but as luck would have it, I found one this morning with the exact same pull path I used. Amazing that it's so identical. We had a couple of accidental groups (2 additional banshees, and the large groups of casters south of the baroness, and north of Nerub'enkan), but follow this and I feel it involves the least fighting.

http://www.faultymoose.com/gauntlet.jpg

Note: The letters are pull locations, the numbers are ordered pulls.

Now for other tips:

1) Do not loot. You are here to reach the baron in 45 minutes. Absolutely nothing else matters. At most, have an enchanter loot the ziggurat bosses or know ahead of time exactly what people may want. If you need a good reason for this, see #2...

2) Seconds count. Every instant you lose looting, drinking, or waiting for a mob is going to hurt you. You're killing 60 mobs before the abominations, and 1 second on each is enough to lose.

3) Know when to charge and when to pull. Waiting on things to reach you can waste time, but it's necessary on things that fear.

4) Everyone should know where they're going, not just the leader/puller. You have to know where to move, where to fight, and where the mobs are around you that you're not fighting.

5) The puller should watch mana. If it's safe, start pulling before the last mob you're currently fighting is dead.

6) You have 10 minutes to kill each ziggurat boss. If you can't reach the abominations with 14-15 minutes left, you're probably going to fail, or it will be extremely close. The first ziggurat being cleared by the ten minute mark is a good indication of your ability to win.

7) Do not die. I know that sounds obvious, but you have to be able to handle adds. Mistakes do not have to be fatal, and if you're having multiple deaths then you may need more practice.

8) For the real run, bring consumables. We used 4-5 elixirs per person, as well as health and mana potions. I also used holy water and some EZ-thro dynamite. DM tribute buffs are a possible advantage as well.

9) Be in the right gear. This means mana regen, tanking, best DPS, etc. It also means all blues. This run is intended to be what you do once you are finished with all other loot from BRD, DM, BRS, Strat, and Scholo.

That is all I can think of at the moment. I hope this helps.
Kosath Whitehorn
"The Tribe is my weapon.  I am their shield."
Why do you have to reach the Baron in 45 minutes?
Vote Akora for MA!
The Gauntlet run in 45 minutes is part of the Dungeon 2 Armor set quest series wherein Elements, for example, is upgraded to Five Thunders armor.

Details of the quest series are found at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wowwiki.com/Dungeon_Set_2">http://www.wowwiki.com/Dungeon_Set_2</a><!-- m -->

Currently I know of two successful Ironsong runs of this step of the quest! Well done Ironsong, it is a worthy challenge!
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
That map is much better than the one Bloodfeaster made me use. :roll: Far more precise, and I'm happy to see that everything I pulled was exactly everything that map suggested, with the exception of the last banshee just before the abominations (would have skipped it, but I wanted to be safe.)

Congrats to you guys for finishing it! Myself (as Krigaren), Elyana, Moxi, Krell and our friend Rakath just finished it as well, and we still have to do it one more time so Elyana can get Bloodfeaster though and to help Umu with his upgrades.

To add some extra tips that we found profoundly useful:

1) If you have a class that can silence or interrupt spells (Mage, Warlock with Felhunter, Shaman with Earthshock) be sure to use them librally on Banshee and Screeching Gargoyle pulls, since they're the ones who are the least likely to co-operate when you pull them.

2) If you have a priest that can shackle, have someone with an instant ranged attack (Warlock, Mage, Hunter) pull gargoyles that are passing by and have the priest CC them, even if your current pull isn't finished. It wastes a lot of time waiting for them to return.

3) Rockwing Gargoyles do not have a ranged attack, and they do not AoE fear either, so are easy to pull and should be pulled any time they're flying by. When you pull a Screeching Gargoyle, however, be prepared to interrupt it and pull it back as far as you can, and if you're already busy with mobs then Screeching gargoyles should always be your priests CC priority.

4) Form a two-person ziggurat clear team that can head in and kill all of the non-elites inside while the other three (tank, main healer, DPS) continue on with the next pull. If you have a mage or warlock (AoE is a must) and an off-healer (shaman for instance) would be the best zig clear team. Never use the tank or the main healer - make sure they keep going with the regular pulls.

5) If you're a caster, don't be afraid to stop and drink after a fight, even if the tank is moving on to pull the next group. If you have two healers, be sure they alternate who's healing and who's drinking.

6) During the Abomination event, do not wait for them to come to you. Warriors, carry Powerful Anti-Venom if you don't have a shaman or druid so you can cleanse the slowing poison that Venom Belchers will afflict you with. If you don't have a poison cleanser and have the slowing poison on you, have a ranged class pull the next abomination to you with a low level spell. The venom belch these abominations do can also be interrupted if you watch for it (and it saves on healer mana.)

7) Pwn Rivendare. Pwn him!
[Image: 85443.png][Image: 85444.png]
160 Shadow Resistance? 160??? Perhaps these people are terminally paranoid.
While I agree it's not really necessary 160 SR is not hard to get either.

Eveline can make Runed Stygian Boots, Leggings, and Belt which have a total of +65 SR on them. The BOE blue cloak Juno's Shadow has +15 SR and stats and she enchanted mine with another +10 SR. That's 90. If you happen to have almost any item with +SR that easily puts you to 100 (for me this was the Serpentine Skuller wand with +10SR), and the Priestly SR buff is another 60.

My SR is higher than my FR, with much less work. I'm not suggesting people need to do this; I enjoy overpreparing for encounters (in this case some of the late bosses in this series that are summoned, esp. Valthalak who spams Shadowbolt volleys from 15% until he dies) and have not a ton else to do with Tae at this point when not raiding.

Anyhow, just rambling a bit.
Tae
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
Yes, though sound can always be mindful of the Baron's aoe cloud radius and avoid it mostly. With range, muwahaha.

Then there's simple things like bandaging yourself whenever possible to save your healer mana, regen over time buffs, etc. that go a long way to keeping you all topped off for the continuous pulling.

The Baroness is really the trickiest fight of the whole run due to her propensity to possess and drag your fight out. After that you've got pretty much clear sailing. Just think sneaky, like a tauren in high grass.
Assuming the tauren isn't, ya know, eating it.
[Image: 85443.png][Image: 85444.png]
Savages. You are all brutes.
Pennyfeather Wrote:160 Shadow Resistance? 160??? Perhaps these people are terminally paranoid.

Clearly when he typed that, he forgot to add "Or zero SR. Doesn't really matter"

Simple, man. Pull him in one corner, healers and DPS in the other corner. Only the tank gets hit with the aura from what I've seen (well, my rogue got hit too >.< )

Although one question I can never seem to find a definate answer on: do you have to DEFEAT Rivendare in 45 minutes or ENGAGE him in that time? I'm still on this step myself
I have 160 SR but it certainly isn't necessary. I just like saying it. Big Grin

You only have to engage the Baron in this time, which is rather better since the fight can take a couple minutes as well.
Sorry for bumping this many month-old thread but since Zeb'ra is closing in on the 50's I'll wanna run Strat a couple of times, so I wanted to say that I'm looking forward to this. It also should be TONS easier with 70s Smile

~Zeb'ra
(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Zhebra, 70 Troll mage
Polled, 70 Tauren huntress
Diljabar, 38 Orc warlock… reincarnated…
If you need a druid I am more than willing to help, I have never been to Strat before.
Etsuko - Monk
Razzlixx Blingwell - Warlock
Cloudjumper Wildmane - Druid (Inactive)
Thank you for the offer, but Zeb'ra is only 42 Tongue
(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Zhebra, 70 Troll mage
Polled, 70 Tauren huntress
Diljabar, 38 Orc warlock… reincarnated…