Ok, I just saw the movie 300 and there is only one word for it.

EPIC.

Oh, and the Spartans? They may have been human, but they had the hearts of ORCS !!
[Image: 18177.jpg]
I'm so giddy.

Seeing it on Imax this weekend.
It looks good. I am hoping that I can see it soon. I am excited about it!
I am also very excited about this movie. This is my favorite battle in ALL of history, The battle of Thermopylae (litterally 'hot gates', named for the hotsprings located there). This was a real battle, and I suggest anyone interested go and read the history behind it! This is a well documented period of history both in greece and in Babylon. Also, though it is kind of down played, the three hundred spartans were not alone there, there were at least 700 Thespians(not the acting kind, the greeks from Thespiae) that were bowmen, spearmen and retainers for the Spartans (they were not close combat, but were in the thick of it nontheless keeping the spartans supplied with pilum when their spears broke, etc).

~Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by,
That here, obediant to their laws we lie.~

Post script: I also think of the spartans as Orcs though more broadly as the whole Horde, full of honor, never fearing death( which was one of the spartans greatest assets) and always ready for war even in peace.
"Passion and shame torment him, and rage is mingled with his grief."

~Virgil~
[Image: playerfeed_1902018_bigsig.gif]
I thought it rather appropriate to speak on the Battle of Thermopylae in one of my speaking classes, I'm rather excited to see the show myself. I can hardly contain myself from making squeals of excitement during the trailors.
I saw this movie yesterday, and it was fantastic!

Incidentally, when I took a Greek class in college many moons ago (old Greek, not modern), the ONLY thing I was required to memorize throughout that entire class was the inscription memorializing the fallen Spartans. So, yes. Excellent movie.
I saw it the other night, and woo! It was so awesome.

If only warriors could do with a 1H and shield that those Spartans could do! Wink
[Image: 85443.png][Image: 85444.png]
I saw it this weekend, and I thought it was an excellent movie. They did manage to get some historically acurate sayings, as well as capture the Spartan spirit. It was alot of fun to see.
I would imagine though that the setting and sayings were about the only accurate parts of the whole movie. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast watching it and I loved it, but it was more intended like that of a graphic novel than anything realistic. I rather liked the portrayal of Xerxes though. Rather unnerving, that fellow.
hehe it is like a graphic novel because 300 was made from the graphic novel 300 that was done by the same people who did Sin City. But yes! Awesome movie!
[Image: 3994085VvROm.png]
I hate all movies.

I decree this the best movie ever.
Quote:I hate all movies.

I decree this the best movie ever.

Considering this is Anathamon speaking, that is something for a movie. Wink I concur.
Just came from taking my son to see this. One word omgwtfbbqROCKS!
Don't mess with the trees!

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

~Bill Cosby
I love this movie.

The end.

I liked this movie because I felt like I was watching a comic rather than watching a movie. Why it had that feel may because everything was CG, giving a very unique look that was like comics.
I love the scene with the oracle.

The theater is just dead silent.

All the girls are uncomfortable and all the boys are trying their hardest to not look too entertained lest said girls bring the pain.