(2.3) In which Arbovv makes a long post...
... full of other people's words!

Courtesy of mmo-champion.com, the following are all confirmed blue posts straight off the official boards in regards to patch 2/3.

"(Source)" links to the actual post, which obviously I couldn't copy-past. "(#)" refers to posts that have been added in since the news item was originally posted, so that's not exactly important.

Quote:General

* (1) New daily quests for battlegrounds have been added, they're dedicated to one specific battleground each day, are available to players of all levels, and reward experience, gold, and honor (Source)
* Healing Reduction effects now affect all Drain spells and abilities (i.e. Mortal Strike will affect Drain Life) (Source)
* Level 20-60 Quest EXP has been increased, while EXP to Level has been decreased (Source)
* New Flying Mount added. Requires 2,000g and Exalted with Cenarion Expedition. (Source)
* Guild Banks are being added to the game. (Source)
* New relics are added to support all talent trees in patch 2.3 for Shaman, Paladins and Druids. Most of the arena-system existing Relics have been renamed to create a more consistent naming convention (Source)
* +Healing bonus will give 33% of spell damage as well (1500 Healing bonus will give you 500 Spell damage) (Source)

Raids & Dungeons

* New 10-Man Raid - Zul'Aman!
* New Title - Champion of the Naaru: Awarded to those who complete the Tempest Keep attunement quest at level 70. (Won't be available anymore at lvl 80) (Source)
* Heroic Badges drop from Zul'aman and Karazhan bosses.
* The amount of items available from the Heroic Badges vendor has been considerably increased.

Mages

* Damage coefficient reduction is removed from Improved Fireball/Frostbolt. (Source)
* New spell : Ritual of Refreshment. It will allow players to pick up their own stack of food/water, similar to a Soulwell. (Source)
* Evocation restores 15% of your total mana every 2 seconds instead of being a spirit-based mana regen increase. (Source)
* Arcane Meditation is being increased to 10/20/30% mana regeneration. (Source)
* Ice Barrier gains additional benefit from spell damage bonuses. However, the base absorb values of ranks 5 and 6 have been reduced. (Source)

Shamans

* New Talent replacing the 2 Handed weapons one - Elemental Focus: Puts you in a "focused state" after landing a melee critical strike, reducing the mana cost of your next Shock spell by 60% (Source)
* All shaman can equip 2-Handed Axes and 2-Handed Maces without spending talent points. (Source)
* Frost shock is no longer subject to diminishing returns. (Source)
* Shamanistic rage also reduces all damages taken by 30% for the duration of the ability (30 seconds) in addition to its current effect. (Source)
* Spirit weapons reduces melee threat by 30% instead of 15%. (Source)
* Mental Quickness adds 10/20/30% to spell damage and healing bonuses based on your total Attack Power in addition to it's current effects. (Source)
* Lightning Overload now has a 4/8/12/16/20% chance to proc (Source)
* Lightning Overload damage has been decreased by 50% (Source)
* Lightning Overload now causes 0 threat (Source)
* Lightning Mastery reduced to .1/.2/.3/.4/.5 seconds (Source)
* Mana Spring Totem now restores mana at a rate of 20 mana every 2 seconds (Source)
* Water Shield now costs 0 mana to cast, and the mana per globe has been substantially increased (Source)
* Water Shield's duration has been reduced to 1 minute, and grants mana for each globe left upon ending (Source)
* Elemental Focus will now reduce the mana cost of your next two damage spells by 40% (Source)
* Lightning Bolt casting time reduced to 2.5 seconds, and mana cost decreased (Source)
* Chain Lightning casting time reduced to 2 seconds, and mana cost decreased (Source)

Druids

* (1) Many new macro inputs as well as druid 'cancelform' becoming an instant like 'dismount'. (Source)
* Cure Poison and Abolish Poison may now be cast in Tree of Life form (Source)
* Remove Curse may now be cast in Moonkin form (Source)
* Rebirth cooldown reduced to 20 minutes (Source)
* Intensity increased to 10/20/30% mana regeneration. (Source)

Warlocks

* Ritual of Souls has had it's casting time significantly reduced. (Source)
* Healing Reduction effects now affect all Drain spells and abilities (i.e. Mortal Strike will affect Drain Life) (Source)

Warriors

* (1) Weapon Mastery has been changed to reduce the duration of Disarm effects by 25/50% (Source)
* Mace Specialization proc has been reduced (Source)
* Mace Specialization Rage increased to 7 instead of 6 (Source)
* Tactical Mastery now greatly increases threat from Mortal Strike and Bloodthirst while in Defensive Stance (Source)
* Devastate now combines the effects of Sunder Armor into it's effect, and is affected by all talents and items that affect Sunder Armor (Source)

Priests

* (1) New Dwarf/Draenei ability - Chastise: Causes Holy damage and incapacitates target for 2 seconds (Source)
* (1) Fear Ward will now be available to all Priests at level 20 (Source)
* (1) Fear Ward duration reduced to 3 minutes, and cooldown increased to 3 minutes (Source)
* Power Word: Shield gains additional benefit from spell damage and healing bonuses. However the base absorb values for ranks 10, 11, and 12 have been reduced. (Source)
* Pain Suppression is castable on a friendly target, it reduces the target's threat by 5% and reduce the damage it takes by 40%. (Source)
* Pain Suppression cooldown is reduced to 2 minutes. (Source)
* Meditation is increased to 10%/20%/30% Mana regeneration. (Source)
* Prayer of Healing, Circle of Healing and Holy Nova (healing effect) gain additional benefit from damage and healing bonuses. (Source)
* Circle of Healing base amount of healing is reduced, but it gets more bonus from +healing effects. If you have more than +1338 healing you will see it heal for more. (Source)

Paladins

* Exorcism's mana cost has been lowered (Source)
* Holy Wrath's mana cost has been lowered (Source)
* Hammer of Wrath's mana cost has been lowered (Source)
* Vengeance has been increased to 30 seconds (Source)
* Improved Seal of the Crusader effect added to base abilitiy (Source)
* Improved Seal of the Crusader now gives the effects of Sanctified Crusader (Source)
* New Talent - Sanctified Seals (replacing Sanctified Crusader): Increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and melee by 1/2/3%, and reduces the chance your Seals can be dispelled by 33/66/100% (Source)
* Crusader Strike cooldown is being lowered to 6 seconds. (Source)

Rogues

* Fleet Footed increased to 15% speed increase
* Deadly Throw traveling speed is being increased significantly, it will reach your target faster and the snare will last one second longer. (Source)
* Ruthlessness won't be triggered by Deadly Throw anymore, and Ruthlessness will be changed to only affect melee finishing moves as a whole. (Source)
* Blind no longer requires a reagent, is changed to a physical attack, will share the same diminish category as cyclone, and will diminish in PvE as well as PvP. (Source)
* Shadowstep can be used at any time (even when you're not stealthed). After the use of Shadowstep threat caused by the next Ambush, Garrote, or Backstab will be reduced by 50%. The cooldown will be increased to 40 seconds. (Source)
* Dirty Deeds increases the damage of special attacks by 10%/20% against targets that are below 35% health. (Source)

Hunters

* (1) 20 and 24 Slots ammo pouches have been added (Source)
* Wyvern Sting is now instant cast (Source)
* Arcane Shot (Rank 6+) will now dispel 1 Magic effect in addition to damage (Source)
* Serpent Sting, Immolation Trap, and Explosive Trap gain additional damage based on Ranged Attack Power (Source)

Engineering

* New Plans - Field Repair Bot: Dropped by Gan'arg Analyzers in Blade's Edge Mountains. (Source)
* New Field Repair Bot will repair and buy like a normal repair bot, but might also sell reagents. (Source)
* Flying Mount added for Engineers. Regular and Epic version. (Source)

Fishing

* Fish nodes Tracking may be learned from a journal fished from crates (Source)
* New fish added near Karazhan and Zul'Aman (Source)

Cooking

* New Daily Quests (Source)
* New recipes added for fish found near Karazhan and Zul'Aman. (Source)

Interface

* (1) Mailboxes are upgraded to handle up to 12 items per mail. (Source)
* (1) Auction House scanning will receive its own API letting you scan the whole AH every 15 minutes with any addon. (Source)
* (1) Many new macro inputs as well as druid 'cancelform' becoming an instant like 'dismount'. (Source)

Some stuff about Arena that doesn't really affect me:
Quote:Well to start we'll just let everyone know that the arena RATINGS (not the number of points they'll cost) required to purchase the season 3 items will be 1850 for the weapons, and 2000 for shoulders. The rating will not be required to continue using the item, only to initially purchase it.

Now, most people have expected the weapon rating since we announced it at BlizzCon, and it's a bit lower than we had initially said, but the shoulders are obviously going to raise some questions. The shoulders for any set are commonly the most visually representative, they're the most visible at any distance, and as they allow a lot of space compared to say a leg or bracer item, we commonly take them and really create something visually impressive. We want that visually impressive item to represent what a player has achieved, and so the achievement of being a contender in the arena at a higher level will be visually distinguished. The shoulders are also average in the benefit they provide, as compared to a chest or leg item for example, and without them the set bonuses can still be completed.

This raises the question of a player finding a team that is of a skill level higher than their own, and simply buying the item with points they've gained at a lower rating. To restrict this we're implementing a personal rating system in patch 2.3. This is an additional arena rating that is unique to each character for each team they belong to. This rating rises and declines using the same formula as the arena team rating, but only in games that character participates in. You'll also be able to track this rating through the PvP interface. The personal rating will be used for purchasing items that require a specific rating, and also be used to determine eligibility for the end of season rewards. So, a player will have to achieve a specific rating, and not just get into a team to see the rewards that are meant to visually distinguish the high-rated players.

Battleground stuff, more interesting to me:
Quote:We have some new daily quests targeting a random battleground each day. You'll want to keep an eye out for Alliance Brigadier Generals and Horde Warbringers near your faction's battlemasters in all major capitals. The battleground daily quests will reward gold, experience, and honor. You’ll be able to begin these as soon as you’re able to enter the battlegrounds themselves. So if it’s a WSG day, and you’re level 11, you can take the quest.

Zul'Aman, and a note about how fast it's coming out:
Quote:Zul'Aman is done. We just need to get the raid dungeon on the public test realms, and make sure it sees extensive testing. Don't worry, it won't require the same amount of testing as voice chat. I feel few truly understand what it took to impliment voice chat, and test it properly.

And last but not least, flying mount info:
Quote:Concerning flying mount, we plan to add a new one in the 2.3 patch. It will be buyable from the Cenarion Expedition once you're exalted and it should cost about 2000 gold.
Yay for flying mounts!
Apparently, I'm such a good rogue that I should become a tank.
[Image: 216215SneNF.png]

I be huntin' rabbits!
[Image: 216222NVlZD.png]
+ damage in healing gear?
Meditation = more awesome than before?
Circle of Healing buffs = more reasons for me to drop DS and go deep Holy?
a;slkdjf FEAR WARD?

*flops around in delirious happiness*
Quote:Shamans

* New Talent replacing the 2 Handed weapons one - Elemental Focus: Puts you in a "focused state" after landing a melee critical strike, reducing the mana cost of your next Shock spell by 60% (Source)
* All shaman can equip 2-Handed Axes and 2-Handed Maces without spending talent points. (Source)

* Shamanistic rage also reduces all damages taken by 30% for the duration of the ability (30 seconds) in addition to its current effect. (Source)

* Mental Quickness adds 10/20/30% to spell damage and healing bonuses based on your total Attack Power in addition to it's current effects. (Source)
* Mana Spring Totem now restores mana at a rate of 20 mana every 2 seconds (Source)
* Water Shield now costs 0 mana to cast, and the mana per globe has been substantially increased (Source)
* Water Shield's duration has been reduced to 1 minute, and grants mana for each globe left upon ending (Source)
* Elemental Focus will now reduce the mana cost of your next two damage spells by 40% (Source)
* Lightning Bolt casting time reduced to 2.5 seconds, and mana cost decreased (Source)
* Chain Lightning casting time reduced to 2 seconds, and mana cost decreased (Source)

OMG!!!!! it wanna play my shammy again!!! Please please please hurry!!!
Heh. I may actually be inclined to play again, at least to test out those shaman changes.
Purge effect on Arcane Shot and Serpent Sting scaling with RAP?

Sign me up!
Quote:Shamans

*jawdrop*

I.... I.... think that brought a tear of joy to my eye.

>.>
* Cure Poison and Abolish Poison may now be cast in Tree of Life form (Source)
* Remove Curse may now be cast in Moonkin form (Source)
* Rebirth cooldown reduced to 20 minutes (Source)

/weebles and flops
/stops

Wait...

WHERE THE HELL ARE MY GREEN LEAVES?!
Don't mess with the trees!

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

~Bill Cosby
I just can't see shamans getting too attached to these. some of these seem solidy like they will tempt the nerf stick a patch later.
...I want to get excited about the engineering mounts. I've been interested in the idea for a while, but I want to know:

1) Do you need rep?
2) Are the schematics a random drop off something horrible?
3) And most importantly, what do they look like? "Engineering mount" doesn't tell me much. It could look like an airplane, a zepplin, or be creature-based like the mechanostriders.

Hunterstuff:

1) Ooh! Dispell! I like being useful. Smile ...We'll see if I notice it at all.
2) More ammo! I can now go longer between sudden realizations that I have 20 arrows left.
3) Again, we'll see if I notice the changes with the stings and traps. Hee.

Roguestuff:

1) Heari is a combat rogue, so I've never seen half of these abilities. ...I am beginning to see the folly in this.
2) I may actually use blind now. I will also rejoice not getting/carrying around stacks of the reagent.
3) I have no idea what that whole thing about cyclones and categories and diminishing means, so I'm going to nod my head.

Also: Zul'Aman! Zul'Aman! Zul'Aman! *dances*
I like the engineering mount idea... but why do I have the feeling that its going to take less time to farm gold for an epic flyer, than it will take to farm gold and find materials to make an epic engineering mount?...and not to mention those mats are going to be hard as hell to find and/or get.
[Image: 3994085VvROm.png]
Damoxian Wrote:I just can't see shamans getting too attached to these. some of these seem solidy like they will tempt the nerf stick a patch later.
The best thing they could do is to make it cheaper than the regular epic mount+price to learn master riding skill. It may be a surprise if they do, buy they already did it with Paladins and Warlocks.

Qaza Wrote:3) And most importantly, what do they look like? "Engineering mount" doesn't tell me much. It could look like an airplane, a zepplin, or be creature-based like the mechanostriders.
I'm tired of Gryphons and Wyverns, where's the bats and hippogryphs?

Mecha-bat Tauren Goooooo!
* Fleet Footed increased to 15% speed increase--((Well at least its going to be better than enchants or gems! ))

* Deadly Throw traveling speed is being increased significantly, it will reach your target faster and the snare will last one second longer. ---((You have noooo idea how much the slow travel speed aggravated me! Yay for this fix! ))

* Ruthlessness won't be triggered by Deadly Throw anymore, and Ruthlessness will be changed to only affect melee finishing moves as a whole. (Source)--((2 steps forward, one set back))

* Blind no longer requires a reagent, is changed to a physical attack, will share the same diminish category as cyclone, and will diminish in PvE as well as PvP. (Source)--((dies))

* Shadowstep can be used at any time (even when you're not stealthed). After the use of Shadowstep threat caused by the next Ambush, Garrote, or Backstab will be reduced by 50%. The cooldown will be increased to 40 seconds. (Source)
* Dirty Deeds increases the damage of special attacks by 10%/20% against targets that are below 35% health. (Source)---- ((Finally realising sub sucks harder that a Hoover with a 405 eh? At least for PvE. Now if they can add a lil bit more CP management without hemo, this will become even better))
[Image: 2738341mWkUR.png]
Quote:Devastate now combines the effects of Sunder Armor into it's effect, and is affected by all talents and items that affect Sunder Armor

Could it be that someone at blizzard has finally pulled their head out of the sand? That change would make me very hopeful.
Kosath Whitehorn
"The Tribe is my weapon.  I am their shield."
I'm hoping for something good changes in the arms 41 pt talent..