2.0.1 (1.13) beta patch notes
For your convenience. This one is apparently going live on the test realms this week, so finish your PvP grind and level up your disenchanters, fast!

There was a good post by Kalgan on the +weapon skill changes but I can't find it now. The short version is: you can't get rid of glancing blows, so don't try.

General
- All players will have talent points reimbursed and will have access to new talents throughout their trees; this includes the 41-point talents. Several new abilities have also been added for all classes.
- All pets now receive a percentage of their master’s armor, spell damage, spell resistances, attack power, and stamina.
- Low-level spells cast by high-level players will receive smallerbonuses from +healing and +spell damage.
- HoTs, DoTs, and channeled spells have been re balanced to receive a more appropriate (higher) percentage of +spell damage and +healing.
- HoTs from different sources will now stack (i.e. multiple druids can cast the Rejuvenation spell on 1 target).
- New item property “Resilienceâ€
Mmm, DWing. Maybe I'll save up and actually get a Lobotomizer now.
"You can never run from trouble, 'cause there ain't no place that far." - Scissor Sisters, "Lights"
Hurrah for all the buffs to HoT's, since that's all druids can do in Treeform!

Finkle's skinner counts as a skinning knife, at long last!
Enemy Cast bar sounds great.

I'm sad that hunters can no no longer feign themselves to death, though.
Fanae Wrote:Mmm, DWing. Maybe I'll save up and actually get a Lobotomizer now.

You need to play every once and a while, first. =P

Waaaah! Rage normalization! Battle Shout aggro reduction! :cry:
[Image: 85443.png][Image: 85444.png]
Fleethoof Wrote:Finkle's skinner counts as a skinning knife, at long last!

Yeah, now I just need to get one. Sigh.
Zuipol Wrote:Waaaah! Rage normalization! Battle Shout aggro reduction! :cry:

Tut tut, its all part of Blizzard's plan to phase warriors out of existance. Your tanking skills are no longer needed in leu of the coming pallie horde.
Efluvia Wrote:Tut tut, its all part of Blizzard's plan to phase warriors out of existance. Your tanking skills are no longer needed in leu of the coming pallie horde.

::cough::Feraldruids::cough::
"She is a soothsayer. She’s a mystic. She is a witch doctor, able to see into people’s hearts and minds. She’s also touched by the elements." -Naomie Harris
Talk about a nerf to hunters. You lower my overall damage by half. You make traps have a 2second!!!!!!!!!!!!! casting time. How am I supposed to use them in pvp now? I can't, that's how.

Good job blizzard for taking out a pvp move that needed skill to pull off: Feign Death and Trap, and adding in a 2second cast for traps.

Edit: Forget my rantings. I posted on the hunter forums and people are calling me a Noobcake for not knowing anything about arming time.
Filiminjaru Wrote:Good job blizzard for taking out a pvp move that needed skill to pull off: Feign Death and Trap, and adding in a 2second cast for traps.

Meh, not sure it takes <i>that</i> much skill to FD->Trap. The problem wasn't so much that every hunter was doing it, it's that it basically amounted to using Polymorph over and over but without your enemy gaining back life each time he was trapped. For melee classes against hunters, it's a pretty broken system.
[Image: 85443.png][Image: 85444.png]
Shillatae Wrote:::cough::Feraldruids::cough::

B quiet and heal, noob! Drood healz r bettr than pallie healz bcuz of lower rank heal nerf.

l2p!
All I have to say on the talents and such coming out sooner than was thought..
Hawtness.
What is the best thing in life?
Crush enemy, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
Zuipol Wrote:
Filiminjaru Wrote:Good job blizzard for taking out a pvp move that needed skill to pull off: Feign Death and Trap, and adding in a 2second cast for traps.

Meh, not sure it takes <i>that</i> much skill to FD->Trap. The problem wasn't so much that every hunter was doing it, it's that it basically amounted to using Polymorph over and over but without your enemy gaining back life each time he was trapped. For melee classes against hunters, it's a pretty broken system.

Yea. But now they're making it easier for hunters to trap melee. You don't even have to feign death to do it. I've seen plenty of hunters that never used traps b/c I suppose they couldn't do the feign death trap move. Now, all hunters will use them like mad.
Filiminjaru Wrote:
Zuipol Wrote:

Yea. But now they're making it easier for hunters to trap melee. You don't even have to feign death to do it. I've seen plenty of hunters that never used traps b/c I suppose they couldn't do the feign death trap move. Now, all hunters will use them like mad.

Speaking from a PvP situation, this helps melee, we can intrupt the casting of traps. Granted it is a short cast, but any cast can be inturpted, and this gives an upper hand to melee. Once a hunter stops moving then it makes them eaiser to hit and fight. That Is why I use Crippling Posions while fighting hunters it slows them down and keeps them in meele range. Of all things, I love this change, makes hunter just that much eaiser to kill... :twisted:
Tetsumis and her Felguard.. A reported +545 damage according to the new spell stat sheet. Am I drooling? I think so..
What is the best thing in life?
Crush enemy, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
Zuipol Wrote:
Fanae Wrote:Mmm, DWing. Maybe I'll save up and actually get a Lobotomizer now.

You need to play every once and a while, first. =P

Yeah, I have less of an urge to play and less time to play lately. =/ Having basically no chance to raid because of my new schedule doesn't help. But I'll definitely be around a lot when BC comes out, and I'll be around some in between.
"You can never run from trouble, 'cause there ain't no place that far." - Scissor Sisters, "Lights"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3.2 Patch Notes Question Krell 1 2,003 07-17-2009, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Krell
  3.1.0 PTR Patch Notes 15 7,914 04-01-2009, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Ronx
  PTR Patch notes for Priests Eruadan 5 2,918 12-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Eruadan
  2.4 Patch Notes Sound 16 9,016 02-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Sileadh
  Official 2.3 PTR Patch Notes Kretol 25 10,452 10-26-2007, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Guest